- A chalazion or stye is a small lump on the eyelid due to a plugged oil gland. This can occur on any eyelid.
- The eyelids contain many oil producing glands called meibomian glands. In some people, these glands become plugged, much like a pimple might develop on the skin.
- This is not related to any disease and is not harmful to the eye or vision.
- The chalazion have a tendency to be self-limiting (especially when acute inflammation is there)and may disappear without any treatment. However, many of the cases need treatment.
- Chalazia/styes can be of recurrent in nature.
- The standard ophthalmic practice towards the treatment of Chalazion is a surgical incision and removal.
- With homeopathic medicines, it is possible to cure chalazion without surgery. It is possible to save the eyelid from the knife.
- Homeopathic treatment enhances the body’s self healing powers, thereby producing cure.
- Homeopathic treatment is equally good in acute inflammatory stage as well as in non-inflammatory swelling lying there for months.
- In recurrent cases, homeopathic treatment also helps in reducing the tendency to stye formation.